Fluoride treatments are a safe and effective way to prevent tooth decay and maintain good oral health. Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that has been shown to strengthen tooth enamel (the hard outer layer of your tooth), making it more resistant to decay caused by acid-producing bacteria in the mouth.
Although fluoride has been in our drinking water for decades, often additional treatments are beneficial. Flouride has multiple benefits, including:
- It reduces the risk of cavities: Fluoride treatments can help prevent cavities by strengthening the enamel on your teeth. This makes it more difficult for bacteria to penetrate the enamel and cause decay.
- It is safe for all ages: Fluoride treatments are safe for children and adults, and can be particularly beneficial for individuals with a higher risk of developing cavities.
- It is easy and painless: Fluoride treatments are a quick and painless procedure that can be done during a regular dental appointment. The treatment involves applying a fluoride gel or varnish to the teeth.
- It is cost-effective: Fluoride treatments are an affordable way to prevent cavities and maintain good oral health. In fact, they can be much less expensive than the cost of treating a cavity.
- It improves overall oral health: Fluoride treatments not only prevent cavities, but can also improve overall oral health by strengthening tooth enamel and reducing the risk of gum disease.
Overall, fluoride treatments are a safe and effective way to prevent cavities and maintain good oral health. Our team here at Dr. Douglas F. Geiger, DMD can help determine whether fluoride treatments are right for you or your child. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!
Request An Appointment!
"*" indicates required fields